Friday, January 1, 2010

New Blog, New Year

After hemming and hawing for several hours, I decided to enter the New Year with a new blog.

So, what's with the name, "State of the Coffee"? A couple of months ago, I was inspired to start video clips on, you guess it, coffee. Specifically, I would record my impression on every cup of coffee I drank per day and post them on videos sites like Youtube. The spouse, hearing my idea, suggested the name.

Fortunately, common sense won out. I don't have the equipment, and I drink too much coffee on a daily basis to make it practical. The name stuck, though.

So what's the purpose of this blog as opposed to the others. Back to basics, baby. I originally started blogging to jot down my thoughts for prosperity's sake. Now I feel it's even more important. Apparently, my memory, reaching 40 years, is doing some spring cleaning. I'm increasingly having difficulty remembering stuff, both trivial and important. Spouse reassured me, though, it's not dementia. Apparently folks who think they may have it paradoxically don't; i.e., folks who do suffer dementia deny the fact. Got it?

No comments: